Dial "W" for..Whatever



So, I just came back from a meeting at the new W Hotel in Hollywood.

What's great was that I was able to walk around and see how it was laid out and what the plans are going to be moving forward.

I'm here to tell you that it really isn't that special in my opinion.

The group in charge of the restaurants and bars, do a great job at all of their other establishments (Boa, Sushi Roku, and Katana) so I'm sure that Delphine and The Station will be fine as well.

However, I'm still not sure what all the hype is all about.

In terms of the night life there, "The Living Room" is suppose to be the hard to get into place and they have a really smart guy whom I respect running it there. But honestly, how long will that last as new places keep popping up, and up and up???

What's really crazy is the people who are heading up Drai's in Hollywood at the W.

They want Drai's Hollywood to be one of the most exclusive places, that will be hard to get into.....which is fine, but the place will be able to hold nearly 1,000 people.

Here is a hint: the average Hollywood nightclub holds any where between: 500 - 600 people; so 1,000 people will be about twice as many people as the average club in Hollywood.

Then they would like for it to be like XS is in Las Vegas. Now if you haven't been to XS in Lass Vegas, the Wynn Group & Victor Drai truly did an outstanding job there. XS the place is one of the best looking places in the world. XS features a huge dance floor, two floor cabanas, an amazing standing pool, with gambling tables in the center, and its an outdoor and indoor venue.

Now they would like Drai's Hollywood to be, modeled in the same fashion (indoor/outdoor pool, dance floor, and a place where anything goes) but you can't do that and be exclusive. You have to open the doors to everyone. Will it be another PlayHouse?

So, soon they will be receiving a huge reality check....and what they will discover is that Hollywood ain't Vegas.

But then again, what do I know.

I just try to speak the truth, and sometimes that rubs people the wrong way.

Oh well.

This will be my last post, until my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment